Monday, February 27, 2012

Spinach & chick peas salad

I absolutely love chick peas even though they were not apart of my life prior to my college days. These were introduced to me by a friend's mom in Raleigh, NC just before she drove me to college in Charlotte. I grew up primarily on lentils, kidney beans and black eyed peas in the Caribbean but fell in love with them eventually. And now, they are a staple in my pantry; one of my favorite beans. I even make homemade hummus with them from time to time so expect to see them in many of my dishes.

In this salad, there is organic salad mix, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, chick peas and crumbled homemade falafel with some vinaigrette salad dressing.

2 comments:

  1. That looks good... I was thinking salad for tonight... No meat... I have lased all day so far... LOL!!!! I even bought some prunes :( and my nuts for snack tonight.... and of course water all day no juice or flavors... lol I think I hear the tummy bubble... any other green day suggestions do share...

    ReplyDelete