Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I fell in love....

I recently celebrated a special "birth" day and it was simply wonderful. At this point in my life, I'm very specific and intentional as it relates to certain wants and desires; so this celebration was second to none. The morning started with a 5K Walk/Run to help raise money for a running buddy's close friend lung transplant. It was simply an honor to do so. Next it was unto having a perfect breakfast (organic seven grain pancakes with raw walnuts, fresh strawberries and organic mango green tea). A massage and foot scrub was the next item on my agenda before having a few earthy friends like myself over for a night of making homemade body butter, a plant based meal and numerous smoothies and freshly made juices. If this was not enough, we headed uptown for a two fold celebration; this brings me to my very first vegan cupcake seen here. I not only loved it, but the baker was there and beamed as I marveled over my huge treat (every bite was devoured and chump up as heavenly calories-sweet icing). It was brought out by the owner followed by several dozen guests singing happy birthday. I enjoyed the moment as I strained to hear my treat singing to me LOL. By far, it was one of my most meaningful and fun filled celebrations. And those massages, I have already made my next appointment. I thank God for the life I'm able to live and the people he allows me to share it with. 

1 comment: