Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Finally tried Steel cut oats

Steel cut oats and I finally met after decades of eating rolled oats; and to be honest, I did not know it existed. It takes longer to cook and does not get "mushy" like rolled oats; according to people I know. When that statement was made, it got me thinking about steel cut oats so I finally bought some. I've have it for breakfast at least ten times now and it is still growing on me. Perhaps I am not cooking it long enough but I'll get to the bottom of it eventually. Ironically, one of my running buddies make bars with it for her family and she'll be showing me just how easy it is. So, look out for that post in the coming weeks. My oats are simply made with water, cinnamon, nutmeg and flaxseed; there is nothing fancy about it but I do enjoy dressing it up as seen in the picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment