Monday, February 27, 2012

Green Goodness-Drink UP!

Green guck is what most would call this but the body absolutely loves and appreciates it. Don't believe me, simply ask any expert in the wellness profession. I love making green smoothies and smile with every sip most evenings when they are enjoyed or with earthy friends. This smoothie had my greens and protein powder in it that packs 22 grams of protein and 24 servings of antioxidants found in fruits and veggies. I usually add at least half a banana and some frozen mango and or strawberry chunks to the mix. I wish it was not as expensive as it is but I didn't expect a vegan, organic and certified kosher mix to be less than twenty dollars (unless it was on sale of course). At any rate, I'm willing to pay more to ensure a quality product. Heck, we get what we pay for, right?

3 comments:

  1. ok so what is in it? I am interested... Especially the protein part!!! This is my all things green week... Dish... I got banana... strawberry, whats the veggies... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by and commenting Sophie!! I take a greens and protein supplment in powder form to boost my protein intake. Hence, my greens came from that which has it that color. You can add fresh spinach, celery, kale, flaxseed, chia seeds etc for veggies and protein. I normally have mines with some raw almonds or walnuts w/or without almond butter to boost my protein even more. Hopefully, a few things above jumps out at you and can be used this (green) week. By the way, that is awesome. Do let me know how you feel once you're finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to try green smoothies but not quite sure where to start. This should be helpful. I had a smoothie for breakfast this morning and added some oats so it could be filling. Guess it wasn't too heavy because I'm here thinking on what I'm gonna eat next. LOL.

    I think I'm gonna seek out some protein powder this weekend so I can add that to my smoothies as well.

    Thanks for the post and ingredients.

    ReplyDelete