Sunday, March 4, 2012

Yummy Power Punchers!!!

By now you have gathered I enjoy cooking;  and more importantly, eating as clean as possible. Well, this dish is packed with protein and fiber amongst other things. Quinoa is very versatile; many consider it to be a grain but it's actually a seed. It's loaded with protein which is one of the main reasons it replaced brown rice (I would eat it out but no longer cook it) in my home. Lentils is also high in fiber and protein; many are surprised to discover it has as much protein as chicken. Yes it does, and I'm glad since it is one of my favorite legumes to eat. Steamed mixed veggies are the next best thing outside of eating veggies raw. And last but not least, there is the infamous chick peas again; I told you to expect to see it often. I LOVE chick peas;)!

For this meal, dried chick peas were cooked in my Wolf Gang Puck Gourmet Bistro with spices, onions, garlic and olive oil. The quinoa and lentils were also cooked with the same things in it as the chick peas. Finally, the mixed veggies were steamed with nothing added to them. Actually, veggies are tastier when steamed since you actually taste the food's natural flavor more. This was a lunch meal that left me light, comfortable and loaded with goodness.

Let me know if you try it in any variation or have questions. Happy, Healthy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment