Thursday, March 22, 2012

What are you leaving home with?

This picture was taken the night of December 30, 2011. It was my last evening in Fort Lauderdale (sad) and I was getting my food bag together for my 700 mile journey back to North Carolina. My other foods not shown above were Cream of Wheat, Jamaican veggie patties and water. During my last few days there, I pondered what changes should be made to my food selection for a healthier "me" in 2012. 
 Well, I did admit to myself that increasing raw veggies and decreasing processed foods to below ten percent was imperative to obtain further improvements in every area. The best way to achieve this goal of mine was to pre-pack my fresh veggies, replace my favorite "healthy" processed foods with fresh ones and remember to leave everything else in the store (smile). 

As I'm on this new and sometimes challenging journey (no bread, crackers or chips in 2012), I've often wondered what changes others vowed to make in 2012 as it relates to foods. Did you make any? If so, what are they and how is the journey thus far? As you're about to leave home, do you every stop and think about carrying food (snacks etc) with you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment