Friday, March 16, 2012

Quinoa Salad

I do not ever recall having a quinoa salad despite the delicious recipes I have seen online. Well recently, I made homemade veggie burgers, quinoa and steamed broccoli/sweet peas to enjoy and take to Charleston, SC for a practice run of the Cooper River Bridge. Naturally I was tempted to sample all the freshly cooked foods in front of me; so I turned my regular salad into a quinoa salad and loved every fork full of it. In that moment, I finally understood why so many people rave about quinoa salads. That quinoa simply took my very versatile nightly salad to the next level. Hence moving forward, it will be a wonderful way to get in good carbs after one of my evening runs or other activity. For those new to quinoa, you can use the rice to water ratio to make it a success.

After my experience, I urge you to take a food that you like and enjoy it in a different way; and when you do please share it with me.

Happy Concocting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment