Thursday, March 8, 2012

Savory "End of week" Treat

Getting creative with your food is one way to staying on track with whatever your dietary goals may be. For me, stopping by a side joint to pick something up is not an option, and I'm actually thankful for many reasons (cost, quality of ingredients, food cross contamination etc). So, as my aunt and I chatted at the close of a long work week, I settled on homemade sweet potatoe fries since she raved about how great they were. Well based on my appetite, I knew that would not be enough so I decided to grill squash and zucchini for the first time. Also sweet potatoes alone are not a balanced dinner even though many may think it is (hence the combination). The sauce is simply Ragu's veggie pasta sauce with some vegenaise (vegan mayo). It's so delicious that the next day, I was late for an engagement because I had to have the last of this dish prior to leaving the house. Don't judge me!! I love great concoctions.

Are you a concoction junkie like myself or do you cook primarily from recipes? Tell the truth now!! LoL

3 comments:

  1. Sweet potato fries burn so easily when I make them. Finding the right temperature where they get a little crispy but don't burn is tough. What's your trick? hmmm...now I want some potatoes.

    p.s. congrats on the movement in your student loans!!!!!! I see you're now at 1%. Awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Ms. S and thank you on the movement (it was actually placed to 1% when my tweaking of everything made a mess).Unto Sweet potatoe homemade fries...LOL! I love them and still working to perfect them just RIGHT. But, I make sure the pan is evenly spreyed with olive oil and they are tossed occassionally to keep them from burning. It has happened in the past so you're not alone. I'll pay more attention to making them in the future and promptly report (given its a success).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, will be looking out! It's definitely not a 'set and forget' dish. You really have to pay attention.

    Re: the SL tracking, I'll help you visit it on the 25th.

    ReplyDelete