Sunday, March 18, 2012

Your Money, Their Eatery!!!

So, the first quarter will be closed out in another ten days and I'm wondering how many folks have already over spent when it comes to eating out. Finances and Food goes hand in hand in our society; it has become apart of life for millions to buy something daily while outside of the home. However, I'm wondering if anyone has made an eatery budget and kept to it.

I had a conversation last night with one of my most favorite people and of course she laughed at me, and I laughed at myself as well because the when, where and how much of me eating out for 2012 could be quickly rattled off my tongue without any hesitation. That's right!! I've eaten out for a friend's birthday dinner on Jan. 28 and for my Cooper River Bridge's practice run on March 10th. On both occasions, I ate just before arriving and opted for a salad (it was the only choice on the menu). My post run salad was the best I have ever paid for (it was complimented by my two homemade veggie burgers).

To the more important questions now!!! Did you make an eatery budget? Are you sticking with it? If so, what has helped you to be successful? If not, what are some of your challenges?

3 comments:

  1. hmmm...I just give myself a food budget monthly. Grocery shopping and eating out are from the same pot. I tend to go over budget though. shhhhhh. My allowance is $200 which is low compared to what I see other people budget for but I tend to fall between $230-250. Some would say increase my budget to a more 'realistic' # since I keep going over but I keep it right where it is because the point is to strive to keep it as close to $200 as possible. If I increase it to $250 then I'll probably just creep up to spending $270-300. Sometimes budgeting is a mind game. LOL.

    In anycase, I reserve eating out for the weekends which is when I usually catch up with friends over a meal. And may I clarify, not EVERY weekend. :) Last month I was only over by $2.99. Striving to keep this month in line as well.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your honesty and perspective on this food budget of yours (lol). I don't blame you one bit.

    Actually, my food budget is much lower than yours (so do not feel shame..shh lol). I do not think it has gotten to $130 for Jan or Feb but it may this month with two trips to Charleston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $130 is AWESOME!!! I don't think I'd ever get mine that low unless I eat beans and rice. LOLOLOL... or maybe the McDonald's dollar menu every day. If I don't eat out at all I would definitely stay at $200. LOL But I spend $50 a week just at the grocery store, so if I eat out one time in the month it pushes me over.

    Nice job with the $130 though. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete