Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Your Time vs Your Money

*CHOICES*CHOICES*

I opted to keep my money and utilize my time/skills on this afternoon. Now, what would you have done in this situation (given our current economy)?

So, I had plans to get in a full body workout on last Saturday morning by mowing the mountain of grass displayed thanks to our showers; however, it was raining that morning and continued on and off all weekend long so I finally got around to it yesterday.

The question posed to you is, would you had even bothered to cut the grass yourself or would you had utilized a lawn company and done something else with your evening?

If you did opt to cut the grass yourself, please give your reasoning behind it.

If you would have quickly hired someone else to tackle that mountain of grass, what would have been your reasoning behind of it?


AFTER:

                                                            

7 comments:

  1. I would have hired a neighborhood kid. I don't have a lawn to maintain, so I don't know nor understand the cost and time it takes. I just know, it looks like a lot of work, and often times....I'm lazy. Plain and simple. I would work 'lawn care' into my budget just so I don't have to do it myself. For me, it would be worth it. (but again, I don't know the cost. That would affect my decision)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Good job on the lawn. I notice the before picture is in daylight and the after is at night! LOL...took a while?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a home owner. Right now I have the hookup and don't have to pay much. As long as my grass cutting fee is cheap..I will not cut the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bad allergies, so cutting the grass would result in itchy/watery eyes, skin breakouts, etc. So, I would've opted for a neighborhood kid to cut the grass at a cheap/reasonable price.

    If I did not have bad allergies, then I would've cut the grass myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ms. S,
    Thanks and it did take some time and dedication. Thank God the sun wasn't out however it was humid earlier on.
    I mowed and edged the lawn; then swept up all the excess grass. If that wasn't enough, I came inside and folded then put away three loads of clothes...OCD is so apart of my DNA.

    @ Na'Na,
    I love killing three birds with one stone; by mowing the lawn, getting in a workout and saving my money.

    @ Kim,
    I hope you out grow some of those allergies for real because it sounds like you have it really bad. I'm result driven so looking at my final work makes it priceless (after).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Girl, I'm a saver so I would of done it myself too. Don't have a yard but, I do help my sis out with her's(whenever I go to DE) and it is a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a saver like you hun...have slacked off a little but getting back in the grove. So I would've screamed to the top of my lungs (lol)"I'm moving hun"....however, i'm allergic to grass (yea, i know...as much grass I rolled in at home how in the world right!! living in the states comes with consequences) so I would have had to pay someone to mow(crying..lol).

    ReplyDelete