Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Break the PM fast pls!!!

 
 Good "ole" breakfast


When the alarm goes off, what thoughts come to mind after you have decided to really touch the floor (lol)?Are you a morning person? Do you look forward to having breakfast? During any given week, what types of food do you enjoy having for breakfast? If it had to be revealed, how would your stomach describle your (AM) food choices and preparation skills (be honest now)?

Do you get up, get ready and grab whatever is available at home?
Do you get up, get ready and grab the fastest or closest thing outside the house?
Do you make and pack your breakfast the evening before?
Do you get up early enough to enjoy breakfast at home or do you make and take it with you?

How does your day differ from having a planned breakfast vs a "go with the flow" breakfast schedule?

Based on your responses listed? Do you think you can step up your breakfast experience in a healthy and positive way? If so, how? 
 
Ezekiel Bread, Natural PB, banana & bberries


5 comments:

  1. My job allows me late mornings so I typically make my breakfast in the morning. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so I always look forward to it. I try to keep it relatively healthy. Below are some of my staples:

    Sliced banana\yogurt\topped with granola nuts and raisins
    Pancakes\fruit\turkey sausage
    Oatmeal\fruit
    Cereal

    All are accompanied with OJ or hot tea.

    When do you prepare your meals EV? The night before or the day of? You pics look mighty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Ms. S
    I'm a planner by nature and it got more meaningful when I became vegan. A breakfast "grab and go" is not an option in our world. :). I'm a terrible mess if my breakfast don't go right!!

    I do not eat breakfast at home or make it in the morning. Why? Currently I am out of the house before 5 am to begin my workout so everything is made and packed the night before i.e oats, rye, organic pancakes etc. When I do have bread or cereal, everything is packed and put together at work. I truly look forward to breakfast.

    I consider myself a morning person and eating is usually the first real thought after wishing I could sleep longer (lol).

    My stomach would say I'm meticulous when it comes to my food choices and a serious planner as it relates to breakfast.

    Ms. S,
    when it comes to tea, I can have it with every meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's kind of hard for me to eat very early so I usually don't eat breakfast until I'm at work. So I would say around 8:30 my hunger kicks in. I usually have a cup of tea and a bowl of grits with some smoked sausage. I would love to start including some fresh fruit. I'm just so lazy in the mornings...even at night...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tashelle,
    Thanks for commenting but more importantly being honest on this post (smh). I believe adding fresh fruit to your breakfast meal is an easy one. It's all about planning with this so, I suggest, on a weekly basis you decide what in season fruits you desire and buy some. But, you must also pack them as well which takes less than 30 secs to do (when you're packing your smoked sausage "lol"). :). Keep me posted on this goal of yours....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that picture... I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete