Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My new toy, Char-char Marley!!!


Meet Char-char Marley!!
 He's a 2012 Hybrid bike that I purchased on May 25. Above, that's me getting ready for my 7:30 am bike run on the 26th. I ended up doing 14 miles with other ladies training for Ramblin Rose Triathlon. I attempted to train on my current mountain bike but that was a disaster to say the least. It's at least 15 lbs heavier than a Hybrid and 30 lbs of a road bike. I tried a road bike but didn't feel too comfortable and balanced on it (awkward handles and skinny tires). The mountain bike WILL give you a serious workout since you're working at least 10x harder than everyone else but I didn't like how much slower I was going compared to everyone else. I'm at least 10x physically active than the other ladies but their bikes left me wondering which direction they went and feeling like a frustrated Fat Albert (I was so exhausted during our bike rides). I took Char-char for his second bike ride of 11 miles on Memorial Day and we had an awesome ride throughout the city. He was a pretty expensive toy but I'm happy. So far, so good.   

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!! Mountain bikes are definitely not for the road. A hybrid is on my wish list as well because I too do not like road bikes. Not until I will be riding often for sure though.

    Happy training!

    ReplyDelete