Saturday, June 16, 2012

From Bubble blower to Triathlete in <90 days


I overcame my fear after nearly drowning in a pool several years ago and became a Triathlete (at least 4 diff strokes were showcased) today at the Triathlon. I have the Ramblin Rose's Triathlon on July 15th so I'll still have an intense workout schedule. 


Yes, I became tired and nervous at times but that water didn't defeat me. I didn't just finish but destroyed it. I've learnt it's not where you are but rather the fire w/in propelling you towards your goals. #Swimmer & Triathlete concurrently.  I had plenty of cheerleaders, my God and a plethora of training to keep me swimming. I made myself & everyone else proud. The bike route included two devilish hills that had to be done twice; the run part was icing on a vegan cake.


I treated myself to a homemade double protein smoothie and my favorite burrito. The entire meal was devoured in minutes ;).


Infuse your life with people that want to see you succeed and will push you until you do. I'm loving this journey on a spiritual, physical, emotional and mental level.






1 comment:

  1. The fella loves burritos. And I am tired of eating them. LOL.

    ReplyDelete