Thursday, May 3, 2012

April 22-28th Fitness Recap


Sun:   2 hour swim session
Mon:  60 min weight training
Mon:  2 mile run
Mon:  90 min swim session
Tues:  45 min swim practice
Wed:  42 min; 7 mile bike ride; 35 min road safety & assessment
Thurs: 60 min swim session (am)
Thurs: 60 min swim session (pm)
Fri:     70 min ( lawn care-mow, edge & clean up)
Sat:     0 min

*And after all of that, I intentionally slept through Wednesday and Friday's early morning weight training session. I am certain my body enjoyed every extra minute of rest it received. It was super busy professionally and personally.

Friday I complained about not feeling to well at work and struggled to get motivated and energized to clean but finally did so after taking longer than normal. My ear began to bother me more than it did while at work as the hours progressed; I decided to trade my Saturday bike and run session for Urgent Care. The doctor concluded I had an external and middle ear infection which was indeed painful on every level. I inquired if it was swimmer's ear since I started swimming sessions a month prior but he noted there were no signs of it. Needless  to say, my very busy weekend of physical and fun activities took the backseat to antibiotics and ear drops. It is still a roller coaster six days later hence my late post regarding last week's recap. Too be continued regarding the infections.

Busy, busy Triathlon training indeed ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is some kinda schedule. Sorry to hear about your illness and hope it doesn't derail your training too much.

    ReplyDelete