Friday, May 18, 2012

Fitness Recap April 29-May 5


Sun: none
Mon: none "home sick from work"
Tues: none "home sick from work"
Wed: none
Thurs: none
Fri: none
Sat: Bike 7.4 mi/run 1.8 miles (a runners worst nightmare)


I was an emotional wreck since I rarely get sick; and missing any workouts have never happened due to an illness in the past five years (never having an ear infection then getting two at the same time in the same ear was awful). Naturally, after shutting down physically, it only made sense to ease back into my training so I attended my Saturday training even though many suggested I did not. My attitude was I'm laid around for seven days and ready to get back to normalcy before insanity crept in.

Of course it was a struggle especially on that darn mountain bike on our hilly route but I survived and felt great about attending. Two hours later, I had my monthly self defense class which was good also. It's the last day of the week but I felt like the first day since my pity party was ending ;).

1 comment:

  1. Well it's unfortunate that you were sick but maybe your body needed a rest and that was the only way to stop you in your tracks. Glad you feel better. Upward and onward. :)

    ReplyDelete