Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Milestones~milestones!!!


I cannot believe so many years have passed by since these decisions were made....no cheating went down either on my quest....I'm enjoying this journey even with all the craziness that comes with being ME:)!

So, it was 19 years ago as a middle school-er that I decided to stop eating meat; and 10 years ago as a senior in college (on the Tuesday before Easter) that I decided the piece of chicken in my hand would be my last eaten. And more recently, 3 years ago this past March, I decided to stop eating fish along with the few by-products consumed and become a vegan and natural (chemical free) lady. I was thinking about it for years and saw it as one of my life long goals so I made it a reality right after my 29th birthday (sooner than later). The goal was to become vegan by birthday but fish was consumed while celebrating in Florida so it became official March 2009. As it relates to partaking in social and work related gatherings, it has been very challenging but I've stuck to my values and got through it. Many have not and will not be accommodating but it's become a more known and/or respected lifestyle; hence many reputable restaurants' customer driven are trying to appeal to every potential patron. With that being said, vegans will always have home cooked food within arms reach even when they have called ahead. I find it refreshing to know we all have that same thing in common (LOL). The journey thus far has made me a stronger person, more accepting of others overall and it has forced me to connect more intimately with the world and all of God's creations. What intrigued me? I really wanted to see if living off of God's green earth was truly possible and went for it after doing some research. And for the past thirty-six months, that has been my mission and my recent nutritional analysis panel concluded I'm in great health and NOT deficient which is usually the sermon preached by non vegans about vegans (sounds crazy, huh?).  I've always loved a challenge and this is surely a keeper for many reasons. As I live to find myself, I also seek to be a greener being with little carbon print on our planet for the generations behind of me. Ironically, green has always been my favorite color and now, it's awesome to color my life "greener".

Cheers to staying true to thy self (regardless of what the naysayers yell from the mountain top).

LIVE*GROW*LAUGH

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is AWESOME!!!! There's something to be said about making a decision and sticking to it! I too am working on decreasing my carbon footprint. No sense in using all these products that just fill up the land mines.

    GOOD FOR YOU EV!! I am proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Ms. S!!! And way to go on opting to also decrease your carbon footprint on Mother Earth:)!!!

    ReplyDelete