Thursday, October 13, 2011

Whats cookn' on Sundays?


 
Anyone that knows me would say my stove is always warm:)!!! I really enjoy preparing my own meals and have been in the kitchen since the tender age of nine fixing full meals for a house of 10. The best part of it all is portioning out my meals, stacking them high, stepping back and  smiling. I absolute love it. For a second, it may be a chore until everything on my impromptu menu is scattered on my counters; then I go into a very creative zone and within less than 60 minutes, the mission is completed with a clean kitchen.

What you see above is soy protein chunks that were soaked, seasoned, breaded, lightly fried and placed in a "special sauce". It is not the healthiest way to eat those chunks but it certainly is my favorite way which is enjoyed perhaps every few months in that manner. By the way, I did give two servings to a friend of mine who loves them (shared the "calories..hehe"). Everything else above is self explanatory:).
So, what is a favorite dish of yours or something you really like but do not cook often since it is not the healthiest thing?

2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I just prepared some crab legs last week which was the first time in years!!!! Tasty, but I won't be doing them for a while again because the smell lingers too long. LOL.

    But my Vice is CAKE! Don't make it but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ms. S!!! It was yummy too. My friend that got two servings said she "loved it". I can do with a piece of cake right now "vegan of course...lol".

    ReplyDelete