Thursday, October 27, 2011

Get creative. Find a getaway on any budget this fall season.


 


 

I discovered my new budget friendly getaway in September when a buddy and I decided to meet for an afternoon run. She had been going there for some time now but it was my first time there and I fell in love with its serenity immediately. It is certainly peaceful and beautiful this time of the year as the leaves change. Recently, I suggested it for an early morning run and my new buddy loved it for running but also to unwind away from it all. Thankfully, it is a 10 minute drive for all of us so it's a keeper indeed. Of course there are dozens of nationally recognized state parks and mountains in North Carolina; however, they may not be that budget friendly once fuel, food and entry fees are factored in. Hence, we have settled on this park as our location to getaway from it all any day of the week or run its beautiful grounds.

With the hustle and bustle of our personal lives and country as a whole, I urge you to get creative and find a  backyard getaway. Be certain it is within close proximity, safe, beautiful and refreshing. Go often with friends and enjoy YOUR mini getaway.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. That's a treat to have that just minutes away from you. Scenic runs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ms. S! A treat indeed....

    ReplyDelete