Sunday, October 23, 2011

Reward after a GREAT week:)!!


Well for me, on October 10th, my second wellness program started and it was more challenging than the previous one which ended September 30th. Two particular goals were to run 1-3x per week with BGR! Charlotte (Black Girls Run) and begin a different strength training program; ironically, I ran three times and received invaluable tips from a nice guy in the gym so a reward was in order on Friday. 

 Earlier in the week, a friend of mine had store bought leftover sweet potatoes in her fridge and they caught my attention. At that moment, I wanted some but did not (the thought lingered with me every day thereafter). Well, after my 3rd jog on Thursday night, I realized my maximum running quota was met and it was time to celebrate that milestone. The Sunday before I had purchased a bag of sweet potatoes so the idea of making homemade fries hit me on my drive home so that was my reward (first time making them also). In addition, I had never grilled squash or zucchini but heard they were delicious that way so again, I decided to add that to the celebration plans. With making things from scratch, the downside is waiting until it is finished so in the mean time, I snacked on a favorites of mine (almond milk and some newly acquired bran flakes from TJ..pretty good actually).  But wait, no celebration is complete without some wine, right? I pulled out some yearlong aged homemade Muscatine wine from my second daddy in South Carolina...everything was worth it in that moment :).


We all have things we aspire to or need to be doing on a daily basis; whether we acknowledge it or not. For those who write it down, aggressively work at it and get it done, how have you rewarded yourself lately?

3 comments:

  1. Its a good idea to reward yourself after accomplishing goals. That way, you have something to look forward to and you don't deprive yourself of those treats. Those fries look good. I haven't rewarded myself lately (or I can't remember). Maybe I haven't accomplished any goals. :) What I do want is a new pair of shades, just need a goal to attach it to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA Ms. S!!!!
    According to a recent post on your blog, (tsk tsk...) you HAVE been slacking so please think of a goal and accomplish it please. If not, no shades AP..sorry:~)!
    Set it today & share it here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lolol...my birthday's coming up, that's all the excuse I need for that one. I do still need to work on creating AND writing some new goals. No time for complacency.

    ReplyDelete