Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Student Loan payment surprise in June*

I entered the month of June like most previous months except there was a Mock Triathlon on the 16 th to conquer but everything else was normal. Well, I get paid bi-weekly so there are two months in every year where we're paid three times in a month instead of two and June happened to be one of them. I was overly busy training for my Tri with 14-16 hours days until I realized something....

There was more money than days in June to the point where I had to make sure all my recurring bills were already paid. Guess what?? They were paid so I was a bit confused, elated and thankful to say the least. I jokingly told myself remaining busy has its advantages. Of course there were a million things I could have done with the extra money but one particular debt of mines came to mind. Do you know what it is? You guessed correctly...it was my student loans. By this time, I had already made the two payments I’m committed to on a monthly basis; after cracking at the calculator for a few, I decided to make TWO additional payments on my student loan. Outside of my AP, I do not know anyone else that would have done that but we have committed to our selves and each other to have our SLs off our backs as soon as possible.

I know she'll be super happy to hear said news :).

*I wish financially this amount could be paid towards my SLs monthly; it's actually the amount I've daydreamed about paying every 30 days (sad I know).

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news! I like you am always daydreaming of how I can pay more per month. We are of the minority because most people I know are constantly trying to finds ways to put off paying and here we are wanting to pay more. LOL. Good job.

    ReplyDelete