Monday, September 10, 2012

I lived through my First 50K Bike Race

I completed my first 50K Bike Race in Davidson, NC. There were 20+ monstrous hills on the route throughout Rowan and Iredell Counties. By far, it was the most challenging thing I've every done in my life. Thankfully, once it was finished, I didn't feel like I had lifted a finger for the day. However, I was sure it would catch up with me on Sunday but I woke up feeling refreshed and without any soreness or fatigue. I did enjoy my free post race stretch by Chiropractor Dr. Zimmerman. It was great to lie still for a few moments. There were pre race snacks and post race free food and live entertainmet. Naturally, nothing was vegan friendly so I give my tokens to my race buddies. I ate plenty of banana and peanut butter along the route so I was okay though disappointed. The vegetarian restaurant present had goat cheese in everything  (interesting indeed). I was energized once back at home but forced a nap and hydrated with electrolytes well into Sunday evening. It’s one for the books alrighty ;)!!!
 Would I do that route next year? @__@!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! It had to be an amazing feeling to reflect on what you accomplished that day.

    ReplyDelete