Sunday, September 2, 2012

Grilled pear?? You bet....

 While in South Carolina by my daddy, I not only picked veggies posted in an earlier post, but I also picked pears from his tree. Though they were very hard, I decided to bring many back and share some while brainstorming on ways to enjoy them. While in the field with daddy, we talked a lot about fresh food and I shared my interest in a dehydrator which I later found out he had one; so he dehydrated some pears with cinnamon and they were yummy. With that in mind, I made sure to pick some pear and research various dehydrators for a future purchase. Well, I've looked at a few but haven't decided on any yet so it was only a matter of time before my creative juices kicked in. Shoot, I have to do something with all these pears, lol. After grilling egg plant on Friday and grilling up some homemade veggie burgers last night, I opted to experiment with grilling pears since I had plenty left after sharing with friends. I added some cinnamon like daddy did and it's a keeper. They were enjoyed with vegan "chickenless" salad for breakfast after having a few pieces hot off the grill. Since my first batch, I've made two more batches and will enjoy grilled pear as a snack and a part of my breakfasts this week. I'm enjoying the challenge of finding creative ways of using my grill in a plant based lifestyle.  
~Have you tried something different in the kitchen recently?




No comments:

Post a Comment