Tuesday, September 13, 2011

You and Progression

Keeping personal promises to YOU!!!
Are you able to make a goal and keep it?

What happens if you get side tracked? Do you give up and move on to feeling pitiful? Or do you get back on track with a mental note that life is filled with hiccups; hence you expect them but do not allow them to stagnate you?

As 2011 winds down, this is a great time to re-evaluate personal promises and determine if they were accomplished or tabled. If it was tabled, we should revisit what may have stopped us and why.

Acknowledgement-Assessment-Change!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's only fair that I answer my own questions posed in this post-)!!
    I am pretty good with making and keeping personal growth promises to SELF on average; however, there are a few things that I am struggling with perhaps due to laziness or lack of full attention. One example would be career fine tuning. I would get frustrated with my current situation and begin to seek change but would quickly get tired with the work required in it all. So, here I have acknowledged and assessed a personal growth problem; now, it is time to make progression towards change.
    Do share!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm pretty good myself when it comes to keeping/finishing my goals. But, like everyone else I'm human and life does get in the way sometimes. I try not to let too much time go by and I jump back on that train and keep it moving..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikky, getting back on that train ASAP is the best thing we can do. If we don't, we may look back a year later and realize so much time lapsed so why bother. Constant evaluation is key to positive progression. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete