Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving reunion=)


I love, love having guest come and visit me here in Charlotte. It's always an awesome reason to take time off, have LOTs of fun and stay up super late laughing about everything. My sister, closest in age, is visiting me from the British Virgin Islands for three weeks, and it's as though we both have won the lottery. We're not only separated by hundreds of sky miles, but also by US vs. British soil which makes the visits extra special. We have been looking forward to our reunion since I last visited home 20 months ago; yes, we have counted the weeks and months to our reunion. 

She got in last evening and it was as though no time had passed by. Her birthday is on Monday and I have taken off all but three days from work; she has no clue and will be ecstatic. Right now, she has been sleeping for five hours since we ate our Thanksgiving meal and I’m grateful my dwelling provides ample guest space so she can recoup from traveling all day on Wednesday.

Quality time is priceless; hence I hold certain blood and non blood relationships very close to my heart as these bonds continue to blossom beautifully. Such connections are rare so I'm forever grateful for the ongoing memories and experiences wholeheartedly.  

My sister eats poultry and I am vegan so we had a reflective menu; we had a great day thus far. Plenty of laughter, catching up and relaxation. To me, this is what quality time should be about; doing what you want with the ones you truly value.

I got in a 5 am workout, two naps and a good sample of my favorite foods. 

Happy Thanksgiving and veggie love~

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are having a good time with your sis! Keep on enjoying. :)

    ReplyDelete